Sunday, September 15, 2013

Disney Reading List

Disney Reading List


Have you ever read a Disney book? I’m not talking a kid’s story book or even a novel like Kingdom Keepers or the Hidden Mickeys Adventures (BOTH SERIES ARE GREAT READS BTW) I’m talking about a book written by someone that has been part of Disney sharing about the way Disney works. Or maybe it is a book about Walt Disney. Here are some of my favorites.

The Imagineering Way: Ideas to Ignite Your Creativity
               By The Imagineers
Imagineers were asked to share their thoughts on what it is to be an Imagineer.

The Imagineering Workout: Exercises to Shape Your Creative Muscles
               By the Disney Imagineers
This book offers some fun ideas on how to realize the creativity you have and help it grow. It encourages you to attempt things you may not have thought of.

Brain Storm: Unleashing Your Creative Self
               By Don Hahn
This book talks about letting out your creative side and encouraging it to grow.

Quotable Walt Disney
               By Disney Editions
This is a collection of memorable quotes by Walt Disney. Many I remember hearing Walt say on TV as a child. Many I’d never heard before. This quotes inspire, encourage and rebuke when needed. I find myself looking at this book often for inspiration.

Dream It! Do It!
               By Marty Sklar
This is a book written by Disney’s Ghost Writer. Marty Sklar did a lot of the script writing for Walt and Roy E. Disney. I’m only 7 chapters into this book and already hooked! It encourages growth and challenges me to try to better myself. It does this as it also tells stories about what it was like working for Walt Disney, The Disney Company and with other Disney Legends.

Here are a couple of more I just got that I’m going to be reading soon.

In the Service to The Mouse: My Unexpected Journey to Becoming Disneyland’s Frist President
               By Jack Lindquist

It’s Kind of a Cute Story
               By Rolly Crump

Here is one I’m GOING to get no matter what the cost! Sadly it is out of print now.
(HUNNY PPLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Christmas is coming!!! It’s only $65 on Amazon!!!!!)
A Brush with Disney: an Artist’s journey, Told through the words and works of Herbert Dickens Ryman
               By David Mumford, Bruce Gordon

I highly suggest any of these books. They encourage, inspire and stoke up the creative fire even if you don’t you have a spark. Go get one and see just how you DO have creativity no matter what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment