Sunday, April 1, 2012

Disneyland Paris New 20th Anniversary Castle Show!

Disneyland Paris New 20th Anniversary Castle Show!

I’m going way outside of my comfort zone here and sharing what somebody shared with me. I’ve never been to Disneyland Paris (have wanted to see it since it opened) so I’m sharing what I see online.
Just in case you have not been following Disney News Disneyland Paris is celebrating its 20th Birthday this year! Happy Birthday DLP!!!
For their birthday DLP has done some cleaning up and added a few new things but nothing as exciting as their new nighttime Castle show! A friend shared the video of it entire show with me!
For my American readers use to Disneyland and Walt Disney World let me put this show into perspective. This show looks to be a combination of the technology used for World of Color (DCA), Magic Memories & You (WDW & DLR) and standard fireworks from all parks.
The show has video projected on both the castle and water screens from the mote. There are also water fountains that play into the show. High and low altitude fireworks complete the effects with what appears to be sparklers tossed in at points.
Emotionally this show has as much pull on the heart strings as World of Color! All the movies are tossed in, with a focus on the Disney films of the last thirty years or so. I did notice a lack of the old classics being represented other than Peter Pan. Peter plays a part in all the sequences.
While I could see this show working at WDW I could never see this show working at DLR. WDW has a large area around the front and sides of the castle where people can stand to view the fireworks. DL has a very small area and the mote is equally small. DL would have a problem if they further limited the direction the nightly show could be best viewed from.
So with that I’ll leave you to view the video at the following link if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment