Thursday, November 29, 2012

An Angel Remembers 25 Voices of Christmas ~ Isaac's Story



An Angel Remembers 25 Voices of Christmas



An Angel Remembers 25 Voices of Christmas is a collection of short stories I wrote for my daughter for Christmas. I wrote it as a way to share the story of Christmas and make it more alive for her without changing the story. I wrote them as an advent collection intending them to be read one each day during the month of December leading up to Christmas.
Each story is the account of the events leading to the birth of Christ as told by someone we either know was there, because they are mentioned in the Biblical account or someone we can guess was there.
Last year I decided to self e-publish my book.
It is available at the following bookseller websites:
iTunes Store, Barns And Nobel, Sony Kobo, Disel, Page Foundry and Baker-Taylor's Bilo.
It is also available at Smashwords.com for ALL ereaders and even as a downloadable PDF for the computer.

          Now some people say the Magi saw Jesus at the stable but that is not true. According to the Bible he was between 1 ½ to 2 ½ years old and the Magi came to the “House’ where the toddler lived.” In the time between Jesus' birth and then I am sure Joseph and Mary worked and made friends around Bethlehem. Being a young mother separated from her own mother I think Mary would have reached out to other mothers for help and guidance. Maybe one of Mary’s friends had a child that is older than Jesus but still young. What did that child see? With an innocent heart and open eyes not trained to be blind to the wonder of God what could he have possibly seen? Here is my idea of a possible witness to the Biblical account of the first few years of Jesus’ life.

ISAAC, THE SHOPKEEPERS SON

My name is Isaac. I’m five years old, my papa owns one of the shops on Market Street. We live aboves the shop. Papa got a man to make new tables and things for his shop. Joseph – dats da guy – had a new baby. My mama took me to visit dem. My mama told me I had to be very quiet as we visited ‘em. She said they had a new baby and the new mama must be all tired. All babies need lots of sleep too.
When I walked into da stable where they were staying there was lots of people. There was da shepherds with all those sheep, Joshua, da innkeeper, and all his family and a whole lot of other strange people!
The strange people were mostly very big. Bigger than my daddy!! One of them was very small, lots smaller than me even! I’ve never seen people like them before. They all had the prettiest wings I’d ever see, even da little one! The little one was sitting on the manger softly singing to the baby. The little one called me over to look at the baby! The baby was so beautiful! He smiled at me when I tickled His chin!
I tried to show mama all the people in the stable, but she could not see ‘em. She kept telling me to be quiet and to stop being silly and making up stories.
As the boy got bigger we played together! He was real fun! He could talk to the animals and they would do what He said. Even our big nasty cat liked Him. It scratched everyone but Him! He always had a lot of those strange people around Him. I like Nahem, the littlest of His friends the best. Nahem sang the prettiest songs and told the funniest stories! Nahem would even play games with us. I miss playing with Jesus and His friends.
My mama still says that I need to stop telling make believe stories about seeing those strange people. She does not believe I have seen them around Him. But I know I saw ‘em! Nahem told me who “HE” is. Do you want to know who He is?

©Copyrighted Material By Carolyn Hoagland 1995

No comments:

Post a Comment