Thursday, August 16, 2012

Disney Memories


   
Disney Memories

If you have gone to a Disney Movie, Park or Cruise you have a Disney Memory. Disney is good at setting up things that stick in your mind forever.
Is your first Disney Memory watching a Disney Movie with your parents or children? I bet that movie now has a special place in your heart and is most likely in your home entertainment library.

Was your first Disney Memory a trip to a park or cruise? It may have been the moment you saw Mickey Mouse (or your favorite Disney Character) walking around. Rides and shows also create special memories.

Sometimes there are many “First Memories”. I have my memories of my first visit to Disneyland when I was 2 years old. I remember the first time I paid for my nephew and mother to go to Disneyland. I’d earned the money at my first job babysitting. I treasure the memory of my first visit to the park with my “best friend” and now husband during which the Jazz Band at the French Market told us we were in love. I remember the first time we took our daughter to the park and her little face lit up. I hold tight to the memories of my dad’s first visit to Disneyland with us and the many visits together after that kept him alive and gave him joy. I have placed in a safe place all the wonderful memories of a trip to WDW and a week on DCL Magic! Both were a first for me.
Those are all major “Firsts”. There are also smaller firsts. I remember the first time I saw the Aladdin play at DCA. I remember our first visit to Bugs Land, Cars Land and Buena Vista Street even though we had been to DCA many times.

These memories are all precious. Some of the people I built the memories with are gone. That makes the memories even more special. Whatever memories you have built hold on to them! Joyful memories can keep us motivated and happy during dark times and times between Disney visits.

So what Disney memories are you going to build?

No comments:

Post a Comment