Tuesday, August 21, 2012

American Pride



American Pride



Recently we spent a short day at Disneyland and decided to stop in and see the Voices of Liberty perform in the Main Street Opera House and watch Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln as well. We have been trying for the last two and a half months to see them but never seem to get over there.

Voices of Liberty is new to Disneyland. Voices of Liberty has been at WDW EPCOT for many years and we enjoyed seeing them there when we were there in 05. I’m glad DLR now has their own VoL to enjoy, even if it is only for the summer.



It was an amazing show! The meet and greet before the performance was warm and friendly adding a special extra touch to the show. The music was wonderful and perfect. Being a proud American I was touched by the song selection as well as the quality of the singing.

After hearing the stirring music that was greeted with applause Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln started. I have always loved this show. I enjoy the way Walt made sure history was told correctly. I am touched by the references to God and country.

I could not help thinking about how I was at this show 9/10/01 and the place was empty. Just three days later, after the horror of 9/11 we had to wait for several showings before we could finally get in. Since that time the number of people going in to see Mr. Lincoln has dropped, still not as low as before 9/11.

The Voices of Liberty at the Main Street Opera House is a good fit. They fit the theme of the show and add a great patriotic feel. I believe many more people are coming in to see Mr. Lincoln because VoL is there. I hope Disney keeps VoL at the MSOH throughout the year and for many years to come. I know if they do I will go back to see them many more times.

I believe this sign outside the exit of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln sums it up well.
“America, You must Keep dreaming now . . .”
In the generations since
Abraham Lincoln, many new and
exciting spirits of America have
joined with the honored spirits
of the past to fulfill the hopes
and dreams of our pioneers.
We work together not always
In harmony, but always in unity, to
ensure that “government of the people, by the people,
and for the people,
shall not perish from this Earth.



Here is video of the entire Voices of Liberty show that we saw.



No comments:

Post a Comment