Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas



Today's blog will have no Disney fact or thought.

For unto us a child is given unto us a Savior is born. . . And thus Christmas began about 2,000 years ago.



I hope that today of all days you will understand and indulge me for a few moments. Let me share a bit of my faith and why I believe of all days of the year this is one of my favorites. I'm sharing my faith and not demanding that you believe as I do. Christ never demands you believe and therefore neither will I.

Is today the birthday of Jesus Christ? No, I do not believe so. I do not believe the shepherds would be out taking care of their sheep outside during the weather that area of the world has this time of year. There are many other reasons I don't think Christ was born on December 25th. Does it matter that this is most likely not the "real" date Jesus was born? NO, it does not matter. What does matter is we stop and remember Him and celebrate the greatest gift given to all mankind.

Yes I'm saying I believe that Jesus Christ was born, lived, died and rose again as the Bible says. I believe that what is said in the Bible has too much historical fact to be called fiction. There are many things outside of the Bible that prove the stories told in the Bible are true.

What is the gift I think Jesus/God gave? His gift is Himself, His love, His acceptance of you no matter who you are, where you are from or what you have done. All you have to do is accept His gift. He wants relationship with you not religion. He does not treasure religiosity or pew warmers. God wants you not a church goer. He offers His friendship freely and gives each of us the choice to accept or reject Him.

I believe that only relationship with Jesus Christ, God come to earth in human form is what grants eternal salvation. Does that mean I despise or hate people that believe differently than I do, HEAVEN FORBID!! I disagree with their choice of worship but do not hate. We can disagree and still be friends and still respect each other. I can wish my Jewish friends Happy Hanukkah or my Muslim friends a blessing at Ramadan. I can respect your beliefs and understand that each of us must make the choice of how to worship or not for ourselves. Faith is very personal. Relationship with God or a higher power is your decision and not to be forced upon anyone by another person. That said there is joy in sharing and much to be learned by listening to others share a differing faith. We can accept people even if we do not accept their religious beliefs. I will stand with people of a differing faith and defend their right to believe and worship as they do.

So today I wish you a Merry Christmas, not Happy Holiday. Please accept it in the spirit given and translate it to Happy Hanukkah if you are Jewish or Happy Kwanzaa if you wish. I mean no offense it is just me wishing you a happy celebration at this festive time of year. I wish you all blessed and may the New Year be full of joy and peace. I also wish my Jewish friends Happy Hanukkah as they celebrate the festival of lights and to those who celebrate it, Happy Kwanzaa. If I've missed a holiday that is significant to you at this time please forgive my mistake and possible ignorance and know I wish you the best.



Prayers & Pixie Dust

The Pranking Pixie



My Christmas book, An Angel Remembers 25 Voices of Christmas is out!!
You can find for all formats at
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/94784
And for the Nook at
http://www.barnesandnoble.com
It is also available at the ITunes store for IPod, IPad and IPhone
It soon will be up at other sites such as Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment