Wednesday, June 1, 2022

What have we learned about cruising during Covid?

 

What have we learned about cruising during Covid?

 


I think there are some really important things to think about now that cruising has resumed. I honestly feel safer on the ship than I do going about my daily business in Los Angeles, California.

 

We have learned to be more careful in ports. Mask Up when requested, social distance, and take along hand sanitizer!  Honestly, we should have been more careful before Covid. We have learned we must act responsibly when we start to feel ill, so we don’t spread ANYTHING. We don’t want to spread the common cold or flu let alone something like Covid. We have learned to be more patient. Everything takes LONGER. From travel to the port, boarding and disembarking you need to wait.

 

The category of cabin you choose may have changed due to Covid. Where you once would have stayed in an inside cabin because you don’t spend much time there, you may choose an Oceanview or even a Veranda instead.  Why the change? People have started thinking about what happens if the ship has a breakout? What if you need to quarantine in your cabin? Would you be happy in there for several days?

 

Could a breakout happen on a Disney Cruise Ship or any Cruise Line? Yes. Do I think breakouts like we had at the beginning of the pandemic will happen again? No. The cruise line industry learned from what happened. They learned they must react faster when illness starts to spread. They learned they must encourage guests to wash hands more. They must consider how clean the ship is. My husband is a Respiratory Therapist with extra training in responding to highly infectious diseases such as Ebola and Covid. He has 43 years of experience. He feels DCL is following both CDC guidelines and best practices in responding to Covid.

 

I missed cruising in 2020 and most of 2021! Disney Cruises are my favorite vacation, and I had some booked before the pandemic hit! It is where I relax and enjoy my family and friends. I could hardly wait for Cruising to start again. Once it did, I waited a little longer before jumping on the ship. I waited until I felt Disney and the cruising industry showed they could safely resume cruising. I had elderly family at home I could not risk bring Covid home to. We would not cruise until we felt that it was safe. Honestly, I believe Disney is making it as safe as possible. I’ve got 2 cruises booked and a placeholder to use later. There is the proof that I trust what Disney is doing.

 

Do you want to book a Disney Cruise Line vacation? Let me know!

 

Carolyn@EliteMemoriesTravel.com

https://www.facebook.com/CarolynsPixieDustedMemoriesAtEliteMemoriesTravel

 

No comments:

Post a Comment