Ride layout and experience
Rockin' California Screamin'
- Restraint System: Over-the-Shoulder Restraints (OTSRs)
- Vehicles: 7 vehicles total: 5 - 24 person trains (Red 01, Yellow 02, Orange 03, Blue 04, and Purple 05)/2 - 23 Person trains (Both Green, 06 and 07)
- Max trains on track: 5
- Length: 6,072 feet (1,851 m)
- Linear Induction Motors Launch length: 215 feet (66 m)
- Largest hill/drop: 120 feet/108 feet (36.5 m/33 m)
- Inversions: 1
- Brake Zones: 12
- Top speed: 55 mph (89 km/h)
- Ride duration: 2:34
- Max acceleration: 0 - 55 mph (89 km/h) in 4 seconds
- Totalling 6,702 feet (2,043 m) of total track, California Screamin' is the second longest steel roller coaster on the American continents.
- Contains over 36 miles (58 km) of electrical wire, and 167 miles (269 km) of individual conductors.
- California Screamin is also the only Disney outdoor looping roller coaster in North America (Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios inverts three times, but is enclosed).
- It took 5,800,000 pounds (2,600,000 kg) of steel to build California Screamin'.
- There are 11,500,000 pounds (5,200,000 kg) of concrete in the foundations and the "deepest" foundation is a deep pile of 48 feet (15 m).
- Because Disney California Adventure is located within a residential zone and must adhere to certain noise restriction guidelines, special "scream" tubes were designed for California Screamin' to prevent all the hollering from being blasted across Anaheim during those thrill portions of the ride that are sure to elicit such a reaction.
- The ride's name is an obvious nod to the 1965 song "California Dreamin'" by The Mamas & the Papas.
- Neil Patrick Harris provides the vocals for a safety spiel added in late 2010, replacing the original safety spiels recorded by Dee Bradley Baker.
- The are 108 Acoustic devices to play the "Synchronized On-Board Audio Track" (S.O.B.A.T.) onboard each train, including High Rangers in the riders head rest, Mid Rangers near their ears, and Sub-woofers underneath each rider's seat.