Friday, April 18, 2014

Poster Art of the Disney Parks

Poster Art of the Disney Parks
By Danny Handke & Vanessa Hunt
  


I just received my copy of Poster Art of the Disney Parks by Handke & Hunt. I totally enjoyed this book!

As a long time Disneyland fan and fan of other Disney Parks and Art I fell in love with the book. This book takes you through the basic of why there is Disney Parks Poster Art. It gives the basic on Poster Art and how it is designed.

As you look through the book you are taken back in time to the old posters for attractions long gone and the posters for attractions that are still there but have been redesigned.

Having enjoyed many visits to Disneyland over the past 55 years I was touched at seeing posters I remember seeing as a child. When I saw them I was taken back to many precious childhood memories of times with family and friends. I saw the poster for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and remembered “setting sail” and exploring the ocean with my grandmother when I was a tot.

I highly suggest this table top book for any Disney fan’s collection!


 Tony Baxter wrote the forward of this book. Tony Baxter, Danny Handke & Vanessa Hunt will be at Walt Disney’s Carolwood Barn Sunday April 20th, 2014 to sign copies of this book. Terri Hardin will also be there to sign copies of her book!

There will also be Easter Egg Hunts for children 10 and under!

Walt’s Barn will be open 11am to 3pm and admission is free! The Barn is maintained and kept opened by donations. It is in Griffith Park
5202 Zoo Drive
Los Angeles, California
There is road work around the Barn at this time so it is suggested you come in from the East or LA Zoo side not the Travel Town side. The parking lot is on the east side of the Los Angeles Live Steamers property.

For more information about Walt’s Barn and future events check out the following
Follow Walt’s Barn on Twitter
@WaltsBarn

Like Walt Disney’s Carolwood Barn on Facebook


Or check out the website Carolwood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment