Saturday, May 31, 2014

X-Men: Days of Future Past ~ Review

X-Men: Days of Future Past ~ Review


I saw the newest Marvel Movie, X-Men: Days of Future Past last night. I will do my best to leave spoilers out of this review and apologize right now if any slip in.

X-Men is a great popcorn flick (a movie that is fun and a good excuse to sit and eat a bag of popcorn). More than that it is wonderful Thinking Man’s movie. It makes you think about what if . . . What if I had made a better choice back when . . . What choices am I making now that will affect my (and other people’s) future and how can I chose best? How should I respond to intolerance?

I saw it in a standard theater not 3D (I do hope to see it again in 3D sometime). The special effects are wonderful, per usual and the storyline well done. The characters stay true to the past movies and this installment just deepens them.

First off I suggest you see at least the movies X-Men: First Class and X-Men Origins: Wolverine before seeing this movie. This movie can stand alone as a fun popcorn flick but it helps if you have the background to make it a much fuller and more enjoyable experience.


Per usual X-Men is full of action, adventure, a touch of comedy and a good message about tolerance. The entire X-Men franchise is about teaching tolerance. If you did not know it be aware that Professor X is based on the moral teachings of Martian Luther King and Magneto is based on Malcom X. The idea Stan Lee had for this story was to teach the next generation that discrimination for any reason is wrong. The other message behind this movie is hope. Hope for a better tomorrow. Hope and faith that if given a chance people will make better choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment